Lifeguard Training 2020:
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What swimming skills are required to enter the course?
You must swim 300 yards without stopping & show the front crawl and breast stroke. You must bring a 10 lb. brick up from the bottom of the pool. You must tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs.
2. What certifications will I receive after I take the course?
Your course is sponsored by the American Red Cross. You will receive your certifications in Lifeguard Training, First Aid Basics, and CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
3. For what period are the certifications valid?
Lifeguard Training, First Aid, and CPR certifications are all valid for 2 years.
4. Do I have to take the full course if I'm already CPR certified?
Yes, the CPR, lifeguarding, first-aid, and AED portions are blended throughout the course. Upon completing the course your CPR certification will be renewed for another full 2 years.
5. Am I guaranteed a job if I pass the course?
Yes, we guarantee you a job with our company. We try to find you an assignment as close to your home as possible.
6. What if I can’t attend any of these course dates?
We run courses all summer, please call us to see if a later course is more convenient for you.
7. What will happen after I sign up for the course?
Someone from our office will contact you before the course to confirm that you are coming, and also to advise you what to bring and answer any questions you might have.
8. What is the cost of the training?
The course is FREE for people who work for us this summer, and $375.00 for people who are not going to work for us.
*Free training based on employee working a minimum of 150 hours over the summer.
9. Where is the course held?
Scroll down the page for a map to the training location.
Lifeguard and CPR Recertifications
• We offer an online review for Lifeguard and CPR recertifications, however you must attend the last TWO DAYS of a weekday course and ALL THREE DAYS of a weekend course to demonstrate your skills and take the written test
• If your Lifeguard and CPR certifications have been expired for more than thirty days, you must attend a full course
©2010 Fox Pool Management, Inc. All rights reserved.
There are no more training courses for the 2019 season - check back in March of 2020!